We are excited to introduce Mint Hill Monthly, a newsletter designed to provide you updates on the market, our firm, and practical information to help you stay informed regarding your finances. We know you are busy, so our goal is to keep this concise. Below are the key takeaways from the month of March:
1) The fallout from the recent bank failures appears to have settled. By now, much has been written about the failures of Silicon Valley Bank, Silvergate and Signature, implications of rising rates on our banking system, and the Fed’s apparent decision to slow the pace of rate hikes. To stay informed on this topic, we recommend following Bloomberg columnist Matt Levine: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/authors/ARbTQlRLRjE/matthew-s-levine
A few key points to keep in mind as an investor:
- This isn’t the first time a bank has failed, and it won’t be the last. With that perspective keep an eye on the big picture if you are a long-term investor.
- No one knows what the future holds, so worry about what you can control.
- You have the freedom to NOT worry about the day-to-day movement of the market.
- If you want to chat more, reach out! That’s what we’re here for.
2) Schwab and TD Ameritrade are merging later this summer. More information to follow in the months ahead. Charles Schwab acquired TD Ameritrade back in 2020, and to this point the platforms have continued to function separately. However, beginning this summer, the two custodians will merge under the Schwab Alliance platform. Our team has begun preparations for this transition and expect it to be smooth with minimal impact to our clients. We will share more about expected changes and timeline as we learn more in the months ahead.
3) Mint Hill will need updated paperwork if we manage a retirement plan through your employer. If our firm manages a retirement plan through your employer, we will be reaching out to you to update our paperwork on file. Please expect to receive a quick one-page DocuSign over the next week. We are requesting this be signed and returned by Friday, April 21st.
4) The federal individual tax deadline is fast approaching. The tax deadline for your 2022 individual filing is Tuesday, April 18th. This is a simple reminder that you have until this date to fund your IRAs, Roth IRAs, and the employer side of your individual 401ks for the 2022 year. If you have not done this but want to, please reach out to us as soon as possible as this process can take 1-2 weeks. If you are funding retirement plans through your employer, this is also a good time to confirm your deferral percentage is set to meet your contribution target by the end of the 2023 year.
Lastly, we want to take a moment to thank you for your trust. At Mint Hill, our greatest source of new clients comes from referrals from satisfied clients. If you have friends or colleagues who could benefit from our services, we would be honored to have the opportunity to work with them. If you do refer someone to us, please let them know to mention your name so that we can express our gratitude to you.
As always, please reach out with any questions or if we can be a resource to you!
Tyler Anderson, CFP®
Mint Hill Wealth Management
Securities and advisory services offered through Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC. 5187 Utica Ridge Rd, Davenport, IA. 52807. 563‐326‐2064. Mint Hill Wealth Management LLC and Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. are separately owned and operated. Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc is an investment adviser in Davenport, IA. Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Registration of an investment adviser does not imply any specific level of skill or training and does not constitute an endorsement of the firm by the Commission. Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc only transacts business in states in which it is properly registered or is excluded or exempted from registration. A copy of Ausdal Financial Partners current written disclosure brochure filed with the SEC which discusses among other things, Ausdal Financial Partners business practices, services and fees, is available through the SEC’s website at: www.adviserinfo.sec.gov. Please note, the information provided in this document is for informational purposes only and investors should determine for themselves whether a particular service or product is suitable for their investment needs. Please refer to the disclosure and offering documents for further information concerning specific products or services. Nothing provided in this document constitutes tax advice. Individuals should seek the advice of their own tax advisor for specific information regarding tax consequences of investments. Investments in securities entail risk and are not suitable for all investors. This site is not a recommendation nor an offer to sell (or solicitation of an offer to buy) securities in the United States or in any other jurisdiction. This document may contain forward-looking statements relating to the objectives, opportunities, and the future performance of the U.S. market generally. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of such words as; “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “should,” “planned,” “estimated,” “potential” and other similar terms. Examples of forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, estimates with respect to financial condition, results of operations, and success or lack of success of any particular investment strategy. All are subject to various factors, including, but not limited to general and local economic conditions, changing levels of competition within certain industries and markets, changes in interest rates, changes in legislation or regulation, and other economic, competitive, governmental, regulatory and technological factors affecting a portfolio’s operations that could cause actual results to differ materially from projected results. Such statements are forward-looking in nature and involve a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, and accordingly, actual results may differ materially from those reflected or contemplated in such forward-looking statements. Prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements or examples. None of Ausdal Financial Partners or any of its affiliates or principals nor any other individual or entity assumes any obligation to update any forward-looking statements as a result of new information, subsequent events or any other circumstances. Tax and estate planning should not be construed as legal or accounting advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/ or attorney. All statements made herein speak only as of the date that they were made.