It’s hard to believe we’ve reached September already – I hope you’ve had a wonderful summer! Below are selected updates and articles from the month of August.
1) The merger between the TD Ameritrade and Charles Schwab platforms will take place this weekend to be completed on Tues, Sep 5th. Please note the following:
- The transition will begin on Fri, Sep 1st at 8:30pm ET. At this time, you will no longer have access to your TD Ameritrade Advisor Client portal and there will be a blackout period over the holiday weekend.
- Your new Schwab Alliance portal will become active on Tues, Sep 5th at 5:00am ET. You can access this at http://www.schwaballiance.com/.
- If you have not setup Schwab credentials yet, we encourage you to do so. An enrollment link was recently emailed to you to complete this process. Please let us know if you need us to send it again.
- Upon logging into your Schwab Alliance portal, you will only see your individual accounts. If you would like to share viewing access with another account holder you will have the opportunity to do so once your Schwab Alliance portal becomes fully active on Sep 5th.
- Lastly, if you have any questions now or after the transition, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Mint Hill service team – we’re here to help!
2) Below are a few articles we thought you might find interesting.
- Mortgage Rates Hit 7.09%, Highest in More Than 20 Years. Read Article Rising mortgage rates are hitting the housing market hard – locking out would-be buyers and forcing would-be sellers to stay put.
- Here’s What a $5 Million Retirement Looks Like in America. Read Article How do wealthy retirees spend their time and money?
- The Moves Wealthy Families Are Making to Skirt Estate Taxes. Read Article Significant tax cuts are set to expire in 2026 that doubled the base amount individuals can give away without paying estate taxes. What can you do to prepare?
As always, please reach out with any questions or if we can be a resource to you.
Tyler Anderson, CFP®
Mint Hill Wealth Management
Securities and advisory services offered through Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC. 5187 Utica Ridge Rd, Davenport, IA. 52807. 563‐326‐2064. Mint Hill Wealth Management LLC and Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc. are separately owned and operated. Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc is an investment adviser in Davenport, IA. Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Registration of an investment adviser does not imply any specific level of skill or training and does not constitute an endorsement of the firm by the Commission. Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc only transacts business in states in which it is properly registered or is excluded or exempted from registration. A copy of Ausdal Financial Partners current written disclosure brochure filed with the SEC which discusses among other things, Ausdal Financial Partners business practices, services and fees, is available through the SEC’s website at: www.adviserinfo.sec.gov. Please note, the information provided in this document is for informational purposes only and investors should determine for themselves whether a particular service or product is suitable for their investment needs. Please refer to the disclosure and offering documents for further information concerning specific products or services. Nothing provided in this document constitutes tax advice. Individuals should seek the advice of their own tax advisor for specific information regarding tax consequences of investments. Investments in securities entail risk and are not suitable for all investors. This site is not a recommendation nor an offer to sell (or solicitation of an offer to buy) securities in the United States or in any other jurisdiction. This document may contain forward-looking statements relating to the objectives, opportunities, and the future performance of the U.S. market generally. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of such words as; “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “should,” “planned,” “estimated,” “potential” and other similar terms. Examples of forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, estimates with respect to financial condition, results of operations, and success or lack of success of any particular investment strategy. All are subject to various factors, including, but not limited to general and local economic conditions, changing levels of competition within certain industries and markets, changes in interest rates, changes in legislation or regulation, and other economic, competitive, governmental, regulatory and technological factors affecting a portfolio’s operations that could cause actual results to differ materially from projected results. Such statements are forward-looking in nature and involve a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, and accordingly, actual results may differ materially from those reflected or contemplated in such forward-looking statements. Prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements or examples. None of Ausdal Financial Partners or any of its affiliates or principals nor any other individual or entity assumes any obligation to update any forward-looking statements as a result of new information, subsequent events or any other circumstances. Tax and estate planning should not be construed as legal or accounting advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/ or attorney. All statements made herein speak only as of the date that they were made.